Puller Use Instructions
To adapt the push puller to your job, use adopters with suitable male or female threadings ( available on request). Caution : Ensure the diameter and the length of male or female threads used in adopters are greater than the diameter & length of the threads used on the push puller leg of the of the puller set being used. Smaller diameters can cause breaking.
THUMB RULES TO EVALUATE PULLING / PUSHING FORCES (TONNES)
1. Determine the diameter (D) and length (L) of the interference fit that needs to be separated (area of press fit).
2. The forces required can vary significantly on seemingly similar jobs. One must study every job individually before selecting the puller set.
3. A thumb rule chart based on diameters is
- While using puller attachments assure that you firmly grip the gear, bearing wheel etc. & apply forces to the shaft.
- It is a safe practice to cover your job with a protective blanket.
- Make sure that the pulling unit is properly aligned.
- When the Hydraulic System is pressurized, observe the guage and stop actuating the Pump when the recommended working pressure is attained.
- Using 2 Jaws Puller, DO NOT exceed 2/3 of the rated Ram capacity.
- If Jaws are used in conjuction with the Bearing Pulling Attachment, DO NOT excedd 1/2 of the rate Ram capacity.